We are pleased to welcome Eddie Malone, Water Sector Manager at the Department of International Trade (DIT), to talk through the DIT’s work in water and infrastructure. As part of the DIT’s Export strategy, DIT has a dedicated team focused on helping UK companies in the Infrastructure Sector to win business in priority International markets. This is a key priority and there is a dedicated team in the UK working with new Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioners, with Ambassadors and other DIT staff based globally, to identify opportunities for UK companies.
The webinar will start by framing the problems faced globally in the water industry, and lay out the DIT’s objectives for the next 5 year period:
• Support and encourage UK businesses to drive sustainable international growth.
• Ensure the UK remains a leading destination for international investment and maintains its number one position for international investment stock in Europe.
• Open markets, building a trade framework with new and existing partners which is free and fair.
• Use trade and investment to underpin the Government’s agenda for a Global Britain and its ambitions for prosperity, stability and security worldwide.
The DIT Water Strategy will outline their Water Campaigns model focussing on issues such as
• Net Zero Water
• Water Resilience
• Digital Water
We will then explore the following topics:
• Target markets for export opportunities
• Current trade policy
• Water campaign initiatives
• UK Export Finance